How Professional Cleaning Services Can Help You Get Rid of Allergens in Your Home
Did you know that by the year 2050, there will be a 70% increase in the percentage of Australians who are allergic to something?
You know that allergens are your worst nightmare if you struggle with allergies. To be more specific, allergens are substances that cause allergic reactions when they are ingested, inhaled, or injected. These reactions can show up as coughing, hives, or itchy eyes. In the worst-case scenario, this could cause breathing difficulties and even death.
Dust mites, pet dander, pollen, mold spores, and even cockroach droppings are typical household allergens. Sensitive people's immune systems go into overdrive when they come into contact with these substances, releasing histamines that result in allergy symptoms. It seems as though our body's defense mechanism overreacts to a benign stimulus, which is what causes all the sniffles and itching.
How does it accumulate?
It does not happen all at once.
Dust accumulates over time, like dust mites, in bedding, upholstery, and carpets. These mites like damp places like bathrooms and basements. Pet dander can be found almost anywhere if you have pets. But if you don't have pets, don't worry - dust bunnies are always around and ready to take their place!
Why Regular Cleaning May Not Be Enough
Now, we know what you might be thinking – "Can't I just do it myself?" While you can certainly try, professional cleaners have the training and experience to handle allergen reduction with precision.
Regular cleaning may keep our homes tidy and reduce allergens, but sometimes that's just not enough. Plus, certain areas and hard-to-reach spots might get neglected during routine cleaning, allowing allergens to thrive. Many household cleaning methods might stir up allergens instead of removing them, making matters worse.
Professional Cleaning to the Rescue
There are some tasks that professionals are better at handling. These professionals have the best equipment, including powerful vacuums with HEPA filters to capture dust and allergens. They have years of experience using various methods to thoroughly clean carpets and upholstery. They have specific tools and techniques to deal with mold issues and prevent their recurrence. By opting for professional cleaning regularly, you can significantly reduce the allergen load in your home. This will provide relief for allergy sufferers and create a healthier living environment for everyone.
Steps to Allergen-Proof Your Home
- Regular vacuuming: Your floors, carpets, and upholstery are a haven for mites. Vacuum them on a daily basis. It removes dust, pet dander, and other allergens that settle on these surfaces.
- Air purifiers: Invest in a good quality HEPA Filter air purifier. These devices can trap and eliminate airborne allergens, making the air in your home cleaner and safer to breathe.
- Maintaining Humidity Levels: Keeping indoor humidity levels between 30% and 50% can deter mold growth and dust mites. Use a dehumidifier if needed, especially in damp areas like the bathroom or basement.
- Bedding and Upholstery Protection: Use allergen-proof covers for your mattresses, pillows, and box springs. Wash bedding and curtains regularly in hot water to kill dust mites and remove allergens.
- Reduce Clutter: Minimize knick-knacks and clutter in your home, as they can trap dust and make it harder to clean thoroughly.
- Pet Care: Regularly groom and bathe your pets to reduce pet dander. It's also a good idea to designate certain areas for pets and keep them off furniture if possible.
- Flooring Choices: Opt for easy-to-clean flooring like hardwood or tile instead of carpets, which can trap allergens more easily.
How Professional Cleaning Makes a Difference
Experts are experts for a reason, and they have some amazing tricks up their sleeves. When we vacuum our carpets, it removes surface dust. However, to get in there and remove embedded dust, pollen, and dander in your carpets, you need a skilled professional. For those with mold allergies, professionals must identify and treat mold issues to stop their growth and spread. Cleaning upholstery and curtains thoroughly can eliminate allergens, making furniture and window coverings less likely to cause allergy symptoms. One thing that most people overlook is the air ducts, which can collect dust and degrade your home's air quality. Having a cleaner come by regularly can help you keep your home healthy.
How do you pick the best professional cleaning service?
These are some factors to consider while picking out the perfect cleaning service for your house:
- Experience: You want a cleaner who has done wonders before, especially with allergen reduction and dealing with indoor air quality
- Methods: Ensure that they use high-quality HEPA vacuums and other tools that effectively take out these mites
- See what people are saying:: Do more research by checking their websites and reading reviews or testimonials from previous clients to better understand how they work.
- Certification and Insurance: Choose a cleaning service with proper certifications and insurance coverage for added peace of mind.
- Customized Services: A good cleaning service should be willing to tailor their approach to your specific allergen concerns and needs. They must also be able to schedule services around your needs.
As Osunsakin Adewale, once wrote: “Health is wealth, but being wealthy does not mean one is healthy.” So, give your health and well-being some serious thought. Consider hiring professional cleaning services to get rid of those pesky allergens that might be lurking in your home.
If you have any questions about professional cleaning or want to book a service, don't hesitate to get in touch with us. Your health is worth the investment, and we're here to help you achieve a cleaner, allergen-free living space. Say goodbye to allergies and hello to a healthier life!