1. What all and why do we collect personal information and how we may use it?
Personal information means information we hold about you from which your identity is either apparent or can be reasonably determined which may include but not be limited to your name, address, telephone number, email address, and photograph.
Generally, (We) Ozclean Pty Ltd including Call Centres and contractors within Ozclean’s Umbrella will collect personal information directly from you, only to the extent necessary.
We will collect personal information from you when:
- You fill in an application form.
- Deal with us over the telephone.
- Email Us
- Ask us to contact you after visiting our website
- Have contact with us in person.
We also come across below mentioned Data with your visit to our website:
Ozclean follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Ozclean uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
Our Advertising Partners
All conclusively We are going to use the collected data in following ways:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website.
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website.
- Understand and analyze how you use our website.
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies:
Note that Ozclean has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies:
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
2. Your rights and choices
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. You may contact us on the following telephone number: 0400 121 121 or email address: [email protected].
Direct marketing and your privacy
From time to time we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular Ozclean’s Umbrella services which we believe may be of interest to you. We may then contact you electronically, by phone or in hard copy to let you know about these services and how they may benefit you. We will always give you a choice to opt out of receiving such information in future.
From time to time we may use the personal information we collect from you to survey your opinion about our services. We will always give you a choice to opt-out of participating in such surveys. We reserve the right to reproduce or use any client survey responses or comments in relation to services provided by Ozclean.
3. Your privacy preferences and choices
Every personalized marketing contact sent or made by Ozclean will include a means by which customers may opt-out of receiving further marketing information.
You may instruct us at any time to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing or survey communications from us.
4. Information sharing
We have a duty to maintain the privacy of all personal information we hold about you. However, certain exceptions do apply. For example, where disclosure of your personal information is:
Authorized or required by law
e.g. disclosure to various government departments and agencies such as the Australian Taxation Office, CentreLink, Child Support Agency, or disclosure to courts under subpoena.
In the public interest
e.g. where a crime, fraud or misdemeanour is committed or suspected, and disclosure against the customer’s rights to confidentiality is justified.
With your consent
Your consent may be implied or expressed and it may also be verbal or written.
5. Children's Information
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Ozclean does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
6. Updating your information
It is inevitable that some personal information which we hold will become out of date. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information which we hold remains accurate and, if you advise us of a change of details, we will amend our records accordingly
7. Access to your personal information
We will, upon your request, and subject to applicable privacy laws, provide you with access to your personal information that is held by us. However, we ask that you identify, as clearly as possible, the type/s of information requested. You may be required to provide us with personal identification.
We will deal with your request to provide access to your personal information in a reasonable time – usually within 30 days of receipt of your request. See point 2 above on how to contact us regarding your personal information held by us.
We will not charge you for lodging such a request but we may recover from you our reasonable costs incurred in supplying you with access to this information.
Your right to access your personal information is not absolute. In certain circumstances, the law permits us to refuse your request to provide you with access to your personal information, such as circumstances where:
- Access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual;
- Access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- The request is frivolous or vexatious;
- The information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings;
- The information relates to a commercially sensitive decision-making process;
- Access would be unlawful;
- Access may prejudice enforcement activities, a security function or commercial negotiations
8. Information security
We are committed to keep your trust by protecting and securing your personal information.
We employ appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to protect personal information from unauthorized disclosure, loss, misuse or alteration.
We limit access to personal information to individuals with a business need consistent with the reason the information was provided.
9. Information transfer including Overseas
Your personal information may be stored on a server in the United States of America. Furthermore, if your personal information has been obtained in a country outside Australia, your personal information may be transferred to Australia. If Ozclean otherwise transfers personal information to countries outside Australia, we will only do so in compliance with all applicable Australian data protection and privacy laws.
Information privacy complaints (Privacy Complaint) should be made to the Ozclean Legal Department within 30 Days of the alleged breach occurring.
Privacy Complaints will be included in a Privacy Complaints Register.
A member of the Ozclean Legal Department will investigate the Privacy Complaint under the Chief Operating Officer’s supervision in consultation with any appropriate managers or other personnel.
The Ozclean Legal Department will:
- Be a contact point for any person wishing to make a complaint;
- Receive and ensure any written Privacy Complaint is acknowledged;
- Ensure the complaint is recorded in the Privacy Complaint Register;
- Seek further information, including any documentation the complainant wishes to add during the investigation process;
- Identify the outcome the complainant seeks as a consequence of submitting the complaint (e.g. an apology);
- Ensure the Privacy Complaint is investigated and assess the complaint;
- Ensure the investigation process is documented, including names of staff consulted, and interview notes are taken;
- Seek technical and/or legal advice through the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and/or a Legal Professional as appropriate;
- Upon completion of the investigation and seeking any technical / legal advice,
Make a determination whether to:
- Allow the complaint; or
- Allow the complaint in part; or
- Decline to allow the complaint; or
- If the complaint is allowed in full or in part, provide a resolution;
- Notify the complainant in writing of the outcome. The reasons for the decision must be outlined. The letter should also notify the complainant of the right to appeal to the Privacy Commissioner if the complainant remains dissatisfied with the outcome reached.
Privacy Complaints can be made orally or in writing.
1. Oral Complaints
Oral complaints (e.g. complaints over the telephone or in-person) can be received by the Chief Operating Officer or his/her delegate (for example, a member of the Ozclean Legal Team) when the complaints are judged by the complainant and the Chief Operating Officer or his/her delegate, as capable of resolution within five working days. A file note will be made of the complaint and the outcome for record-keeping purposes. The Chief Operating Officer or his/her delegate may decide to confirm the outcome in writing.
2. Complex Complaints
If the Chief Operating Officer or his/her delegate believes that a complaint is complex or requires investigation, then the complainant will be invited to submit a complaint in writing.
The Chief Operating Officer or his/her delegate will assist complainants, if requested or if it appears that the complainant requires assistance in the drafting of the complaint.
3. Time Limit
We will endeavor to make a decision on all written complaints within 20 working days after the day the complaint was received. Discussion can take place with the complainant for an extension of time if circumstances suggest this is appropriate (e.g. temporary absence of staff relevant to the complaint).
4. Privacy Complaints Register
The Chief Operating Officer or his/her delegate will establish a secured register to keep account of the status of Privacy Complaints.
Advice and Assistance
Further advice and assistance are available from the Chief Operating Officer or a member of the Ozclean Legal Team on telephone 0400 121 121 or [email protected].