TERMS AND CONDITIONS
REQUEST A FREE QUOTE
Note: In these terms and conditions these words will have the following meanings
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts for services to all clients and shall prevail over any other documentation or communication from the Customer.
- Inappropriate behavior: We do not tolerate inappropriate behavior towards Us or our cleaners that harasses, intimidate, threaten or uses fear (either verbally, written, or physical) by the Customer, this includes racism, explicatory language, and defamatory remarks. We will take whatever action is necessary (including legal action) against any person who is involved in threatening or abusive behavior.
- We hold the right to terminate any Services immediately without a refund. You the Customer agree to this and that you have no such claim to receive any refund.
- All quotes are just estimates only. Quotes are based on the estimates of an average sizes and number of rooms.
- We use reasonable endeavours to quote as accurately as possible however at times quotes are subject to change based on Us or the Customer identifying additional factors. Such factors are;
- The property is not as described by the Customer. For example if the apartment has additional rooms such as a bedroom, toilet, living area or study or if applicable additional blinds or different blinds than described.
- A heavily soiled room that is difficult to clean. A heavily soiled room or residence may require extra time or chemicals to clean to ensure the room or residence is up to Bond Cleaning Standards as defined by the Managing Agent under the governance of the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Act 2008.
- Specialists to clean any part of the room. This includes areas that are highly risky such as windows at heights or areas that require a specific skill and or equipment to clean the area up to Bond Cleaning standards.
- Any area within the property that falls outside the specified conditions.
- The cleaner has incurred additional costs such as parking fees or Property key pickup fees.
- There is an alteration from the customer’s original documents. For instance, the Customer requires a particular item to be cleaned.
- Removal of personal or rubbish effects.
- We reserve the right not to clean an item/area within the Property (at no discount price to the Customer) if the item may pose a possible risk to the cleaner. For instance, a cracked or broken power point, dangerous light fitting or working at heights. In such an instance the Customer will be notified, and the Customer agrees that the Bond Cleaning Guarantee related to that area or item is void and no such warranty will apply.
- It is understood that some items will be subject to wear and tear, and some items may be difficult to be cleaned due to long-term or excessive exposure or contact with a build-up of grime, in these instances, if identified no warranty will apply to these areas or items.
- If a quote variation is required WE will contact you to agree on the variation.
- Once the quote variation is agreed, YOU agree to pay the variation amount on your supplied Credit Card before the variation work commences.
- If you do not agree with any quote variation, please note this may void some areas or all areas of your Bond back guarantee. In such a circumstance we will communicate this in person, via phone or via email.
- It is the Customers responsibility to be contactable at all times and 1 hour prior to the agreed start of the job. If for any reason we are unable to contact the Customer, we will continue the job using reasonable endeavours. Failure to be contacted may result in the job being incomplete and will void any warranty. In this event, if we are required to return to the property a return fee will be applicable based on the number of hours the cleaner is required at the Property.
- It is solely the Customers responsibility to give access to the Property to the Cleaner.
- If the property is not accessible by key or we are unable to enter at the agreed time, the Customer agrees to a $40 per hour non-access fee up to the full amount of the total cost of the job.
- A key collection location may be agreed upon with the cleaner in writing (SMS or email) and may be subject to additional charges pending how far the location of the pickup area is to the property. Charges are calculated in 10Km increments based the shortest route calculated by Google Maps. This will be charged at $40 per 10km increment.
- Failure to gain access to the Property will result in an additional $70 cancellation fee or a $70 postponement fee, postponements will be subject to availability.
- Our Cleaners require unencumbered and unobstructed access to all areas of the premise that requires the service.
- The Customer agrees to allow photographic images to be taken of the Property, before, during and at the end of the service, these images will be used strictly for the purpose of recording before and after images for quality assurance and proof of limitations if applicable.
- Customers are required to provide our Cleaners access to electricity and running water. This is a mandatory requirement for a bond clean. If the Property does not have these utilities, the Cleaner will do their best without these services, however the Bond Cleaning Guarantee will not be applicable. In such an event the Cleaner will contact the Customer to get advice.
- If our Cleaners are required to clean behind or under a heavy item such as a fridge, stove, washing machine, bookshelf or any other item deemed heavy (weighted above 5kgs), the Customer will be required to move these items prior to the commencement of the service at the Customers own risk and cost. Unless agreed upon in writing if the heavy item/s are not removed the Customer voids the Bond Cleaning Guarantee for that particular area.
- Before our Cleaners start the cleaning, the Customer is required to remove all personal belongings such as furniture, art, etc. prior to the commencement of any Service. We endeavour to be both careful and safe however we take no responsibility for any damage that may be caused at the time of the service.
- All rubbish is to be removed from the premise including rubbish that may be in draws cupboards and rooms. We will not be responsible for removal of any rubbish (inside the premise or outside) and will not warrant the Bond Cleaning guarantee in such an event. You have the right to negotiate with the Cleaner to remove the rubbish at an additional cost.
CANCELLATIONS / REFUNDS:
- If you cancel your Bond Cleaning 5 days before the booked date, you will receive a refund less than $25 administration fee.
- If you cancel your booking within a period of 5 days to 2 days before the booked date, then you will be charged a $50 Cancellation or postponement fee. This fee is not transferable but may be used within 3 calendar months of the original booked date at the same address of the original booking.
- If you cancel your booking within 24 hours from the booking date, the customer authorizes the following fees can be charged to the credit card details supplied and kept on file as follows: Job totals of up to $500 will incur a $150 cancellation charge; Job total over $500 will incur a $250 cancellation charge.
- We hold all rights to cancel the job if we deem the condition of the property is dangerous for the safety, health or wellbeing of our staff or if We are unable to access the property as agreed. Same day cancellation fees will apply.
- Payments for the services are to be made via Credit Card or Bank Transfer prior to the day of the service. Unless agreed upon in writing, full payment is to be made before the commencement of the cleaning service.
- If you wish to book your bond clean and hold a date, as security you must provide valid credit card details, a minimum of $50 booking fee applies.
- If you are paying via bank transfer, please send the remittance details to our office and allow 3 days for Bank clearing. Failure to receive remittance advice or payment within our bank account 3 days prior, will result in cancellation of your service and a forfeit of the booking fee if applicable.
- You the Customer agree that if We have not received payment in full for the service within the period of one calendar month of the original invoice date then a late payment fee of $50 applies for the first month. Additional Late payment fees will be charged at a fixed rate of 10% per annum for each 3 days that any amount remains outstanding thereafter.
- In addition to the amounts set above, the Customer agrees to indemnify Us for all legal costs (on a solicitor and own client or full indemnity basis, whichever is greater) and any other expenses incurred by Us in connection with a demand, action or other proceeding (including mediation, out of court settlement or any action taken to recover a debt from the Customer) arising out of a breach of these terms including the failure by the Customer to pay any amount by the due date.
- At its sole discretion We reserve the right to report any non-payment to collection agencies including reporting non-payment to the credit Reference Association (CRA), the TICA database and your property agent. In doing this your credit rating may be effected and or ability to seek rental properties/credit in the future.
- You understand and acknowledge that any chargeback on a Credit card without the written approval of a recognized regulatory authority or written agreement with US will incur a 25% additional administration fee on the balance owing plus GST and interest pursuant to the provisions of the Queensland Supreme Court Act 1947, currently set at 5.5% per annum(calculated daily).
BOND RETURN GUARANTEE :
- Our Bond Cleaning Guarantee means that we will return free of charge to rectify any issue the Managing Agent has with the cleaning (under governance of the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Act 2008) provided by Us within the bounds of these Terms and Conditions and our Inclusions and Exclusions.
- Our Bond Cleaning Guarantee only applies to the Service You have engaged Us for. For instance, if You engage Us for a Bond Clean but not a carpet clean then Our Guarantee only covers the bond clean. Carpets would be excluded from our Bond Cleaning Guarantee.
- Our bond guarantee does not include certain items. Please see our Bond Cleaning Inclusions and Exclusions for a complete list of the Service items. For instance, Ceilings, Garage walls or deep stains that require a professional third party to clean are not included in the Bond Cleaning Guarantee.
- A re-clean will only be applicable upon receipt of a report from the Managing Agent clearly listing the problems with the cleaning service along with the images.
- We require 24-48 working Hours, dated from the receipt of the report from the Managing Agent to reschedule a re-clean if required.
- A re-clean will only address the problems listed in the property manager / agents original report if applicable.
- After a re-clean We will warrant any work for one day. Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, if we have not heard from the Managing Agent within 1 day (24 hours), We will consider the re-clean to have addressed any issues under the Bond Cleaning Guarantee and consider the job completed as per our Terms and Conditions.
- Until commencement and finalisation of this Service, these Terms and Conditions still apply (Whether the service is a clean, re-clean or the waiting period between re-cleans and inspections)
- All re-cleans are subjected to these Terms and Conditions.
- All Customers acknowledge that our Bond Return Guarantee is only applicable if you contact us within 7 calendar days of the performed Service.
- We do not guarantee for natural events occurring over time. Items such as (but not limited to) settled dust, water marks, open windows, doors etc. An empty house can accumulate dust very quickly and is susceptible to dead insects and alike. We do not guarantee anything arising from these events including all aspects of the Bond Return Guarantee.
- The Bond Return Guarantee is deemed null and void if the property does not remain vacant after our cleaners have cleaned the premise. The only exceptions to this clause is if carpets are cleaned by a qualified carpet cleaner authorised by Us or you have an agreement in writing from Us.
- You MUST book your bond clean to be performed once all the furniture is removed, the premise is not inhabited and all the necessary maintenance or other work to the premises has been completed.
- We will not be responsible for any incident that could be classified as an Act-of-God e.g. flood, storm, fire earthquake, cyclone and similar.
- Under no circumstances refund claims will be considered once the Service has been completed and We have vacated the property.
- The Customer must agree to allow a re-clean or an inspection of any work deemed unsatisfactory before he/she arranges a third party to conduct service.
- The Customer acknowledges that the Bond Cleaning guarantee is only for the Bond Cleaning services not any other. Carpet cleaning and pest control will be warranted by the contractor who provides these services.
- All care is taken during the Service. Some items are older and may be subject to ‘wear and tear’ and are prone to accidental breakage. Items like light fittings, fly screens
- and other perishable plastics are particularly prone. If You believe that any damage has been done beyond ‘wear and tear’ due to the Service, please provide in writing the damage with applicable photo’s.
- You agree to waive any right of claim against Us for any incidental costs incurred, including but not limited to, rent payable and or loss of bond monies applied arising from the service.
- Any damages claims will be subject to proof being provided by either party that the damage was caused during the service, these claims are to be strictly the responsibility of the contractor if fault is accepted, the contractor and the customer agree to exchange details and agree to the contractor gaining access to the property for the duration of the claim. This may include access for quoting of replacement and repair if applicable.
- If You require your fridge or freezer to be cleaned, then you are responsible for emptying and defrosting it in advance. Additional costs may apply.
- The Customer should inform Us about any incident where an accident, breakage, damage to property or theft has occurred due to any act of a cleaner within 24 hours of completion of the service.
- Any complaints must be made in writing and sent to [email protected]
- Any complaints must be made within 24 hours of the performed Service.
- Complaints must include the Customers name, contact number, the date of the complaint and a detailed explanation of the complaint including any relevant documentation and notes.
- Complaints must also include what resolution the Client would like.
- The Client acknowledges that they have the ability to view our website and follow the complaints procedure.
- The Client acknowledges that if they do not follow our complaints procedure, We have the right to dismiss the complaint and or take no further action at our discretion.
- If you are satisfied with our proposed actions or remedies we will close the complaint and record the findings for our continuous improvement program.
- If you are not satisfied with our proposed actions or remedies, we will record this and you acknowledge that either party reserve the right to refer the complaint to the relevant federal, state or territory consumer protection agency or legal advisor.
1. REGULAR DOMESTIC CLEANING
1.1: The customer agrees to sign and return the Agreement and Standing order forms to Ozclean within seven days of placing the order.
1.2: ‘Ozclean’ fees are payable by the client monthly in advance by Cash, Standing Order, and Cheque. These will be paid into our nominated account as per the cleaning schedule.
1.3: ‘Ozclean’ reserves the right to suspend cleaning services if monthly payments are missing or if paperwork is not returned to ‘Ozclean’ within seven days of placing the order.
1.4: The sales advisors can only give a rough estimate of the cleaning service’s duration, based on a basic description of the customer’s house. Please note that the cleaner may discuss a variation on the planned duration if, in practice, it appears to be required.
1.5: Ozclean agrees to provide a task list and all cleaning detergents and equipment (vacuum cleaner, mop, bucket, and portable ladder) required to carry out the service unless other arrangements have been made with ‘Ozclean.’ Any cleaning equipment provided by the customer should be safe and in full working order.
1.6: If the collection of keys is required from a location outside the postal code area, charges may apply.
1.7: A monthly payment will be refunded only if the customer does not require cleaning services for more than four weeks.
1.8: ‘Ozclean’ will not be held responsible for any alarm systems. Customers should give any special instructions for deactivation/activation of any household alarm systems.
1.9: One-month minimum contract length applies to all Regular Cleaning Services.
1.10: All the cleaners registered with us and working on our behalf have been fully screened through a personal interview and checking of references and employment history.
1.11: We do not employ the cleaners. All the cleaners are self-employed, and tax and NI’s payment as a vetted independent person is their responsibility.
1.12: The Client must allow the cleaner access to hot water and power.
1.13: By entering under these Terms and Conditions with ‘Ozclean,’ after the termination of the cleaning service providing by ‘Ozclean,’ the Client must not hire or use any home-related services provided by a present or past cleaner introduced to the Client by ‘Ozclean.’ If the Client does wish to hire or use home-related services provided by such a cleaner our referral fee is $250.
1.14: In case of a complaint, ‘Ozclean’ requires being notified within 24 hours after completing the cleaning work.
1.15: All fragile and highly breakable items must be secured or removed. Items excluded from liability are cash, items of sentimental value, art, and antiques.
1.16: The insurance policy is subject to a number or further terms and conditions available from the ‘Ozclean.’ Any damage caused by bleach is not covered. ‘Ozclean’ will not arrange for the insurance referred to if the Client has not paid the ‘Ozclean’ fee following terms and conditions of this agreement. An insurance taken out by the Client may void the insurance policy in this clause in which even and loss will only be recoverable under the policy of the Client.
2. END OF TENANCY CLEANING / SPRING CLEANING / MOVE IN & OUT CLEANING / PROFESSIONAL CLEAN / AFTER PARTY CLEAN
2.0: ‘Ozclean’ reserves the right to amend the initial quotation, should the client’s original requirements change.
2.1: If the collection of keys is required from a location outside the local area, a transport fee will apply.
2.2: The Client must allow the cleaner access to hot water and power.
2.3:‘Ozclean’ will not be responsible for triggering any alarm systems. Customers should give any special instructions for deactivation/activation of any household alarm systems.
2.4: ‘Ozclean’ will provide all cleaning detergents and equipment (vacuum cleaner, mop, bucket, and portable ladder) required to carry out the service, unless the customer wants to supply their own
2.5: The sales advisors can only give a rough estimate of the cleaning service’s duration based on a basic description of the customer’s house. Please note that duration may vary; therefore, a degree of flexibility is required.
2.6: All fragile and highly breakable items must be secured or removed. Items excluded from liability are cash, items of sentimental value, art, and antiques.
2.7 In case of a complaint, ‘Ozclean’ requires to be notified within 24 hours after completion of the cleaning work.
3. AFTER BUILDERS CLEANING
3.1: ‘Ozclean’ reserves the right to amend the initial quotation, should the client’s original requirements change.
3.2: If the collection of keys is required from a location outside the cleaning scheduled postal code area, a $10 charge will apply.
3.3 The Client must allow the cleaner access to hot water and power.
3.4: ‘Ozclean’ will not be responsible for triggering any alarm systems. Customers should give any special instructions for deactivation/activation of any household alarm systems.
3.5: ‘Ozclean’ will provide all cleaning detergents and equipment (vacuum cleaner, mop, bucket, and portable ladder) required to carry out the service.
3.6: The sales advisors can only give a rough estimate of the cleaning service’s duration based on a basic description of the customer’s house. Please note that duration may vary; therefore, a degree of flexibility is required.
3.7: All fragile and highly breakable items must be secured or removed. Items excluded from liability are cash, items of sentimental value, art, and antiques.
4. ONE-OFF GENERAL CLEANING
4.1: Ozclean can only give a rough estimate of the cleaning service’s duration, based on a basic description of the customer’s house. Please note that duration may vary; therefore, a degree of flexibility is required.
4.2: Customer agrees to provide a task list and all cleaning detergents and equipment (vacuum cleaner, mop, bucket, and portable ladder) required to carry out the service unless other arrangements have been made with ‘Ozclean. Any cleaning equipment provided by the customer should be safe and in full working order.
4.3: If the collection of keys is required from a location outside the cleaning scheduled postal code area, a $10 charge will apply.
4.4: ‘Ozclean’ will not be responsible for triggering any alarm systems. Customers should give any special instructions for deactivation/activation of any household alarm systems.
4.5: All the cleaners registered with us and working on our behalf have been fully screened through a personal interview and checking of references and employment history.
4.6: We do not employ the cleaners. All the cleaners are self-employed, and Tax and NIN’s payment as a vetted independent person is their responsibility.
4.7: The Client must allow the cleaner access to hot water and power.
4.10: By entering under these Terms and Conditions with ‘Ozclean,’ after the termination of the cleaning service providing by ‘Ozclean,’ the Client must not hire or use any home-related services provided by a present or past cleaner introduced to the Client by ‘Ozclean.’ If the Client does wish to hire or use home-related services provided by such a cleaner our referral fee is $250.
4.11: In case of a complaint, ‘Ozclean’ requires being notified within 24 hours after completing the cleaning work. No claims will be entertained after the above time limit.
4.12: All fragile and highly breakable items must be secured or removed. Items excluded from liability are cash, items of sentimental value, art, and antiques.
4.13: The insurance policy is subject to many or further terms and conditions available from the ‘Ozclean.’ Any damage caused by bleach is not covered. ‘Ozclean’ will not arrange for the insurance referred to if the Client has not paid the ‘Ozclean’ fee following terms and conditions of this agreement. An insurance taken out by the Client may void the insurance policy in this clause in which even and loss will only be recoverable under the policy of the Client.
51: Payment is requested on completion on the day of the cleaning session.
5.2: Payment can be made in cash on completion of the service
5.3: Payment can be made by cheque on completion; please make the cheque payable to ‘Ozclean’ Ltd.’ If paying by cheque, a cheque guarantee card is required, and the customer will be responsible for all bank and legal charges resulting from a dishonored cheque.
5.4: Payment can be made with debit or credit card via an app. ‘Ozclean’ will not share the customer’s card details with a third party.
5.5: If payment is not made after 30 days of invoice, then the account will be passed to our collections agency, after which a charge of 15% on top of the initial invoice due will be added to the debt. As part of this contract, you agree to pay this sum, representing our reasonable costs in collecting the unpaid amounts.
6. COMPLAINTS & CLAIMS
6.1: The customer accepts and understands that poor service, breakage/damage, or theft must be reported 24 hours from the service date. Failure to do so will entitle the customer to no refunds or recovery cleanings.
6.2: ‘Ozclean’ may require the presence of the customer or his/her representative in the beginning and at the end of the cleaning session as an inspection can be carried out and if any corrections, should be made on the same day.
6.3: If the customer has scheduled an inventory check, it must be scheduled to commence no later than 24 hours after the cleaning job has been carried out.
6.4: ‘Ozclean’ may take up to 7 working days to respond to a complaint.
6.5: ‘Ozclean’ will not accept a complaint based on an Inventory check report, filed more than 24-hour after the cleaning session.
6.6: Complaints are accepted verbally over the phone and in writing (letter, email, or fax). Complaints must be reported on completion or in the following 24-hour.
6.7: All fragile and highly breakable items must be secured or removed. Items excluded from liability are cash, jewellery, sentimental value (the customer will be credited with the items present cash value), art, and antiques.
6.8: Key replacement/locksmith fees are paid only if our operatives lose keys. There is a $30 per household liability limit.
6.9: ‘Ozclean’ agrees to keep all customers’ information confidential.
6.10: In case of damage, ‘Ozclean’ will repair the item at its cost. If the item cannot be repaired, ‘Ozclean’ will rectify the problem by crediting the customer with the item’s present actual cash value toward a like replacement from an Ozclean’s source upon payment cleaning services rendered.
7.1: ‘Ozclean’ has Public liability insurance. The policy will cover any accidental damages caused by an operator working on behalf of ‘Ozclean,’ reported within 24 hours of service date.
7.2: ‘Ozclean’ reserves the right to refuse to share any of the confidential company’s documents.
8. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
8.1: The customer understands that he/she is not entitled to any refunds.
8.2: If the customer is not completely satisfied with a cleaning job, ‘Ozclean’ will re-clean any areas and items to the customer’s satisfaction. Therefore the customer must allow the cleaner to be returned.
8.3: Customer may be present at all times during the recovery-clean. ‘Ozclean’ reserves the right not to return a cleaner more than once.
9.1: ‘Ozclean’ reserves the right not to be liable for:
9.2: Completing tasks which are not stated on our task list;
9.3: Cleaning jobs not complete due to the lack of suitable cleaning detergents and equipment in full working order, hot water or power;
9.4: Third-party entering or present at the customer’s premises during the cleaning process;
9.5: Wear or discoloring of fabric becoming more visible once dirt has been removed;
9.6: Failing to remove old/permanent stains that cannot be removed using standard carpet cleaning methods;
9.7: Existing damage or spillage that cannot be cleaned/removed completely using provided by the customer cleaning detergents and equipment or standard carpet cleaning equipment;
9.8: Any damages caused by a faulty or not in full working order detergents/equipment supplied by the customer.
9.9: If the customer has items that need special cleaning methods and special cleaning detergents, ‘Ozclean’ reserves the right to refuse the cleaning detergents’ provision.
9.10: ‘Ozclean’ will advise the client to provide the specific cleaning detergents and to pass cleaning instructions to the sales advisors when placing the order or give instruction to the present cleaner;
REGULAR DOMESTIC CLEANING
10.1: Customer may cancel or adjust the cleaning visit/s by giving at least 24 hours advanced notice.
10.2: The customer agrees to pay the full price of a cleaning visit if the customer cancels or changes the date/time less than 24 hours before the scheduled appointment.
10.3: Customer agrees to pay the full price of the cleaning visit in the event of a lock-out caused by our cleaners being turned away; no one home to let them in; or problem with the customer’s keys.
10.4: Customer may terminate the cleaning service by giving four weeks (28 days) advanced notice in writing and specifying the last cleaning date and give a reason.
END OF TENANCY CLEANING/ SPRING CLEANING / AFTER PARTY CLEAN/COMMERCIAL CLEANING.
10.5: 24 hours notice is required if the customer can either cancel or re-schedule a cleaning appointment.
AFTER BUILDERS CLEANING:
10.6: 24 hours notice is required if the customer can either cancel or re-schedule a cleaning appointment.
ONE-OFF GENERAL CLEANING:
10.7: 24 hours notice is required if the customer can either cancel or re-schedule a cleaning appointment.
11. AFTER CANCELLATION OF THE CLEANING SERVICE
11.1: By entering into a service agreement with ‘Ozclean,’ the customer agrees that after the termination of the cleaning service, he/she will not hire or use any domestic services provided by a present or past cleaner introduced to the customer by ‘Ozclean.’ If the customer wishes to hire or use domestic services provided by such a cleaner then he/she must pay a referral fee of $250.The relevant Australian law shall govern these terms and conditions. By agreeing to be bound by them, the customer agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the relevant courts of Australia. ‘Ozclean’ reserves the right to make any changes to any part of these terms and conditions without giving any prior notice. Should any of the above clauses change, all existing customers will be notified. Please check this website for updates.