Awareness about pest control among people is increasing every day, so is the need for safety measures. If you take pest control safety precautions during and after a pest control treatment, you can prevent your loved ones from major mishaps. The reason behind safety measures is the chemicals used for the treatment. The treatment chemicals are especially designed to treat and kill insects. Therefore it becomes utmost essential to be aware of safety measures.
Pest Control Safety Tips Before The Treatment
- Close the windows and remove all the curtains.
- Open the internal doors and shut the external doors.
- Keep pets, children and their toys away from areas to be treated.
- Cover baby’s and your bed also.
- Keep all the food in the fridge and closed cabinets.
Safety Tips During The Treatment
- Avoid eating and cooking during the process.
- Don’t open doors and windows.
- Avoid getting the treatment done during a rainy or windy day.
- Fish ponds, veggie gardens, and kitchens must be protected from direct sprays.
- Stay away from home after the treatment for at least 3 hours.
Precautions After The Treatment
- After you return, aerate the house thoroughly.
- Clean and wash all the kitchen utensils.
- Vacuum the floor and avoid any kind of wet mopping for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid touching the floor and treated areas with bare hands for at least one week.
- Thoroughly clean the kitchen counter.
Pest control treatment can be a daunting task if you decide to do everything on your own. Therefore for extra precautions and long-lasting effects take pest control services of experts. You can contact our experts at Ozclean to get in touch and avail of all kinds of services at reasonable rates. Keep your home and its surrounding pest and insect free with our expert treatments.