A neat working space is the first step to achieve a winning and productive office environment. A clean office is vital to keep your employees safe, especially during a pandemic. Taking care of hygiene and cleanliness in your company showcases the management’s professionalism and boosts the morale of your staff. And that is where cleaning companies make the otherwise hectic job hassle-free.
Professional cleaners use state-of-the-art equipment and supplies to sanitize your living or office spaces and ensure a safe living environment for you and your employees. Their professional workflow follows a well-made checklist so that the entire process focuses on perfection and a spotless space.
Why a Checklist?
A checklist is the easiest way to track and manage any process. Likewise, it lets you track the work of your cleaners or follow the same list to ensure that you haven’t missed a spot while cleaning. A checklist breaks down the entire cleaning into simpler trackable processes; wiping surfaces, disinfection, cleaning the window glass, etc. So, let us take a look at the checklist one has to follow while cleaning different sectors of your office.
Cleaning Checklist for Different Areas in an Office
It is a place where most people interact before entering the office space. Therefore, it is essential to clean and disinfect the reception area to avoid any disease spread and make a good impression on your visitors and employees.
- A clutter-free reception desk is necessary.
- Wipe the surfaces and disinfect them so that you can efficiently avoid any disease spread.
- Always clear the dustbin and bin bags.
- Door handles and tabletops are hotspots for bacterias and viruses. So, be thorough here.
- Vacuuming and mopping the floors is a must to keep the dirt away.
- Use disinfectants wherever possible.
Office cubicles are allotted for individual staff. Even then, the mouse and keyboard they use every day can house a wide variety of microorganisms.
- Always wipe the surfaces of the computer desk and all other surfaces.
- Clean the dust piled on the cabinets and other unreachable surfaces.
- Clean the keyboard and mouse with disinfectant solutions with utmost care as they are electronics, and do not use water.
- Clear the trash bin.
- Use wet wipes to clean all the surfaces to keep the dirt away.
The cleanliness of the restrooms ensures maximum safety for your staff. That is why the management has to assure that their office washrooms are clean and safe as an unclean environment nurtures microbes that spread diseases.
- Clean and disinfect napkins and trash receptacles, with eco-friendly chemicals.
- Sanitize toilets and urinals.
- Ensure that the sink and water outlets are free from blockage.
- Clean the floors and mirrors.
- Frequently change the towels, and wash them thoroughly.
The kitchen is yet another place where there are higher chances of infections as there is usually a lot of food involved. Therefore, it is vital to keep the pantry clean.
- Regularly clean the refrigerator and the towels to avoid cross-contamination.
- Clean the exterior and interior of the oven, if there is one.
- Refill the hand wash and other cleaning supplies as required.
- Vacuum and mop the surfaces, and remove stains.
The quality of office space is essential for the safety and security of your employees. And, the above checklist is close to a guide to ensure cleanliness in your office. However, we strongly recommend hiring commercial cleaning services as they come equipped with industry grade cleaning supplies and the right expertise.