Do you have kids at home and don’t want to use chemicals for cleaning it. don’t worry! Use baking soda for cleaning your home. Baking soda is a non-toxic chemical which we also use for baking purpose. Hence it is very safe when you use it for home cleaning. Let’s see how you can use it for cleaning your home.
- Clean the stovetop- make a paste of warm water and baking soda and rub it on the stove top’s stains. Let it sit for several minutes, scrub and clean with a damp cloth.
- Clean stainless steel- for dull stainless-steel sink, sprinkle some soda on the surface of a soft cloth and buff the sink. Rinse with cold water after buffing. You will get a shining sink after you rinse it.
- Clean the fridge- make a paste of dish soap and baking soda with warm water and scrub the internal as well as the external surface. Wipe the paste after a few minutes with a damp towel. You get a clean and shining fridge.
- Use it to unclog drains- if you have a clogged kitchen sink or washroom drain, use baking soda to unclog them. Pour a cup of baking soda in the drain and pour a hot cup of vinegar on top of it. Now after ten minutes flush it with a pot of boiling water. Tada! Your drain is clean.
- Use as oven scrub- mix two spoons of baking soda and two spoons of salt and make a paste with vinegar. Scrub the oven or bbq top with a brush and let the mixture sit for one day. Keep spraying vinegar periodically to keep it moist. After a day, scrub once more and wipe with a damp towel, and what is left behind is a clean oven.
Cleaning is easy and simple with baking soda. So next time when you plan to clean your home, use baking soda for that deep cleaning.